Families and loved ones looking for effective therapy methods to help a struggling young adult man can learn about Group therapy used at our Adult & Teen Challenge rehab treatment center near Fort Worth in Azle, TX. Call (817) 406-4441 for more information.
Fort Worth Men’s Rehab center understands that families want to send a loved one to a safe, monitored environment where he receives personal care, and individual therapies that help him recover from addictions, and heal emotional and mental disorders–whether brought on by trauma, foster care, adoption or family genetics.
And while the young adult man enters an Adult and Teen Challenge Men’s rehab center for counseling, treatment, and expanding his vocation choices and valuable life skills, Fort Worth Men’s Rehab also helps young adult men improve mental and physical health through Group Therapy, led by licensed therapists.
What is Group Therapy?
Group therapy is a form of psychotherapy that involves one or more therapists working with several people at the same time.
Group therapy is sometimes used alone, but it is also commonly integrated into a comprehensive treatment plan that also includes individual therapy and medication.
The precise manner in which the session is conducted depends largely on the goals of the group and the style of the therapist. Some therapists might encourage a more free-form style of dialogue, where each member participates as he or she sees fit. Other therapists instead have a specific plan for each session that might include having clients practice new skills with other members of the group.
The principal advantages of group therapy include:
- Group therapy allows people to receive the support and encouragement of the other members of the group. People participating in the group can see that others are going through the same thing, which can help them feel less alone.
- Group members can serve as role models for other members of the group. By observing someone successfully coping with a problem, other members of the group can see that there is hope for recovery. As each person progresses, they can, in turn, serve as a role model and support figure for others. This can help foster feelings of success and accomplishment.
- Group therapy is often very affordable. Instead of focusing on just one client at a time, the therapist can devote his or her time to a much larger group of people.
- Group therapy offers a safe haven. The setting allows people to practice behaviors and actions within the safety and security of the group.
- By working in a group, the therapist can see first-hand how each person responds to other people and behaves in social situations. Using this information, the therapist can provide valuable feedback to each client.
Group Therapy Builds a Sense of Hope
That’s why Fort Worth Men’s Rehab ATC TX uses Group Therapy, to create a unique and effective approach to overcome addictions and behavior issues. We want each young adult man to experience effective counseling as well as improve his daily life now, and back home with family.
Adult & Teen Challenge’s Fort Worth Men’s Rehab center was established in 2008 and is located just outside Fort Worth in Azle, Texas. Most of the staff leadership are themselves graduates of the program.
Men receive room and board, group and individual biblical counseling, parenting classes, spiritual support, relapse prevention, anger management, drug and alcohol education, and social/recreational activities as well as vocational rehabilitation and a sober living program for graduates.
If you want to learn more about how Group therapy effectively helps men open up and heal at our residential men’s rehab and recovery center in Azle, TX, please call (817) 406-4441 now.